We have had this nonsensical (from my perspective) judgement that the Govt will only commit to honour EU commitments made before the autumn spending review. Now the farming lobby is starting to get restive about how it could be affected by Brexit negotiations – I am already beginning to get heartily sick of the uncertainty [...]
Our economy is evolving in ways that confound many assumptions in terms of logic. I know just how hard it is for our 20 something daughter to find a permanent job, much less easy still for her to get a mortgage. I wondered if she might stand a bit of a chance of earning some [...]
If you think this phenomenon is only likely to affect people in towns and cities think on……
Almost 80,000 families a year in England face the prospect of becoming homeless by 2020 unless Theresa May abandons controversial cuts to housing benefit and support, it has been claimed.
The projection, which includes 60,000 households with children, [...]
Nothing really new in this but worth reporting the latest release on procurement and the police. The article tells us: New data on police procurement highlights the need for police forces to push opportunities to collaborate in order to deliver greater value for money for the taxpayer.
Since 2010/11 forces have saved in excess [...]
Good to see some rural counties in the mix in this announcement….
Forty-one projects will benefit from a share of £15 million to improve provision of mental health places of safety, the government announced today.
The Department of Health funding is supporting the creation of new places of safety and the refurbishment of existing [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget budget cuts Defra Devolution energy farming Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 Libraries local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Planning Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment supermarkets tourism transport unemployment wind farms
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Statistical data set: Unduly lenient sentence statistics 2015 August 24, 2016
- FOI release: FOI Information on temporary agency workers at Monitor. August 24, 2016
- FOI release: FOI Medication related incidents August 24, 2016
- Decision: Sandby-Thomas, Rachel - former shadow CEO, Institute for Apprenticeships, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy August 24, 2016
- Guidance: Set up user.wifi service in your organisation August 24, 2016
- Notice: ME9 8SR, Countrystyle Recycling Limited: environmental permit application advertisement (EPR/DB3606LE/A001) August 24, 2016
- Notice: NW10 0JJ, Ferns Surfacing Limited: environmental permit application advertisement August 24, 2016
- Notice: Fisheries surveys, Brampton to Brownshill Staunch August 24, 2016
- Notice: T20 8UT, Mr Michael Rowe: environmental permit application advertisement August 24, 2016
- Notice: YO7 2ER, Hollin Barn Lodge Park Limited: environmental permit application advertisement August 24, 2016
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.