Looks like many rural places don’t come out well in what might be described as a “metro-sexual” analysis. I just think the researchers don’t get deep understated rural folks. This story tells us:
The finding may be no surprise to those outside the M25, but Londoners rank among the least welcoming and most [...]
This is a really good summary. It is a bit too long to quote but it covers everything. The really worrying thing from a local government perspective is the level of proposed cuts at the start of a new Government. This also appears to be a budget which does a lot for the [...]
I fear smoke and mirrors in terms of the rhetoric about stoking up the economic development of the north and at best some more cash just for its cities. The author of this article has a similar view – she begins by telling us:
It has been almost nine months since George Osborne [...]
I have long wondered about a coherent overview of how the current renewables subsidies affect the market.
Highly subsidised wind and solar capacity flooding the market with near random amounts of zero marginal cost electricity wrecks the [...]
As we look forward with trepidation to cuts at the beginning of a new Government which make our recent experience seem like small fry in the public sector this story can stand for many other threatened services the death of which will make life in some rural communities unviable. It tells us:
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget budget cuts Council Tax Defra Drought education farming Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices garden cities Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Planning poverty Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools tourism transport unemployment wind farms
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Guidance: Use of severance agreements and ‘off payroll’ arrangements March 28, 2015
- Open consultation: Parking reform: tackling unfair practices March 28, 2015
- Guidance: Open Document Format (ODF): an introduction March 27, 2015
- Guidance: Open Document Format (ODF): user needs March 27, 2015
- Guidance: Open Document Format (ODF): validators and compliance testing March 27, 2015
- Policy paper: Canada-United Kingdom Joint Declaration - Statement 2015 March 27, 2015
- Policy paper: Procurement Policy Note 08/15: tax arrangements of appointees March 27, 2015
- Impact assessment: Enabling power for allowable solutions: final impact assessment March 27, 2015
- Impact assessment: Housing standards review - security: final Implementation impact assessment March 27, 2015
- Guidance: Building Regulation (Amendment) Regulations 2015: circular 01/2015 March 27, 2015
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.