A wonderful weird story from Japan of island life, wonder if we could build some of our offshore tourism on the basis of such an arrangement?
A former fishing village in Japan has been overrun by cats.
Aoshima, a tiny island located in Miyazaki province off the southern coast of Japan, officially has [...]
I make no apologies for quoting the outcomes of this review in full as its so important – read on:
Because more sites are needed:
1. Since the vast majority of rural schemes are on small sites, Government’s policy to remove from local authorities the power to require affordable homes on sites of [...]
This article leads me to reflect on the need to think about the contribution to society of migrant workers not just their numbers. In Eastern England they underpin the viability of the food sector. This article tells us just in terms of the numbers issue:
Net migration to Britain is now higher than [...]
Just a little controversial thought. In rural England zero hours contracts underpin some of the portfolio working opportunities which enable people to live and work in small rural economies. This article tells us:
Nearly 700,000 people are on zero-hours contracts in their main job – a rise of more than 100,000 on a [...]
Surely its only a matter of time before the benefits of bringing such an approach to large rural geographies where demography could lead to really big wins in terms of health begins to become part of this debate. This story tells us:
A ground-breaking plan to devolve the £6bn NHS and social care [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget budget cuts Council Tax Defra Drought education farming Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices garden cities Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Planning poverty Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools tourism transport unemployment wind farms
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Policy paper: Report on food authenticity testing and method standardisation March 4, 2015
- FOI release: Applications for state aid approval in 2014 March 4, 2015
- Guidance: Later life newsletter 65: March 2015 March 4, 2015
- Research and analysis: Prior extraction opportunities: February 2015 March 4, 2015
- Corporate report: Further education colleges: governance reform assessment March 4, 2015
- Notice: Private Storage Aid for Pigmeat March 4, 2015
- Guidance: HB Subsidy Circular S2/2015: New Burdens payment for Real Time Information bulk data matching project March 4, 2015
- Notice: Henley races: river restriction notice March 4, 2015
- Notice: Practice for Henley races: river restriction notice March 4, 2015
- Corporate report: Issue briefing: starting tax rate for savings interest March 4, 2015
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.