Ill let you into a secret – this time of year in the UK is about bonfire night, not the ersatz Halloween, “trick or treat”, phoney, dumbed down approach to the end of autumn which is foisted on our children by the transatlantic mind police who condition far too much of their behavior. Whilst I [...]
A bit of interesting planning case law for rural communities is working itself out in the context of this story. The article tells us:
A fracking company is lodging an appeal against a county council decision to refuse it permission to explore for oil and gas.
This very thoughtful article, highly pertinent to a high proportion of rural dwellers tells us:
Early intervention and prevention need to become a reality, he says [David Oliver - President of the British Geriatrics Society]. “We’ve got to do a lot more to prevent avoidable ill-health in older age,” he says. “I sit [...]
Fuel poverty in rural areas is undoubtedly a serious issue. This is one example of why we need better information about how to address it. RSN’s relationship with Calor is another example of a partnership which is helping with the problem solving required to get to the heart of the issue here. This
There seems to be an alarming link between rural communities (the top 3 near me – gulp!) and the use of the taser. Is it a rural phenomenon? Read on and see what you think:
The police forces which are most likely to use Tasers can be disclosed after new data showed the [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget Council Tax Defra Drought education farming Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Mutuals Planning poverty Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment tourism transport unemployment waste
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Correspondence: Proposal for new shops and supermarkets tax: letter to Derby City Council October 25, 2014
- Open consultation: Nuisance calls consultation October 24, 2014
- Correspondence: Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership: joint letter to EU Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmström October 24, 2014
- Research and analysis: Rotavirus immunisation programme: vaccine coverage estimates October 24, 2014
- Correspondence: PHE bulletin: 24 October 2014 October 24, 2014
- Statistics: Survey of employment tribunal applications 2013: further findings October 24, 2014
- FOI release: EC Habitats Directive and atlantic salmon October 24, 2014
- Decision: Saint Gregory’s Catholic College October 24, 2014
- Guidance: NHS foundation trust bulletin October 2014 October 24, 2014
- Guidance: 10/2014: business rates retention and shale oil and gas October 24, 2014
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.