Lest you wondered why we have whimsical views of rural England this article tells us:
When the Museum of English Rural Life reopens this week after a £3m Heritage Lottery-backed redevelopment, it will have all its 25,000 objects on display – plus a new acquisition that came to them by itself. The mouse [...]
English care home closures are leaving vulnerable people at risk, says watchdog
This story is bad news for rural areas where the cost pressures on the homes covered here will be hardest pressed financially. It reinforces the importance of alternative models – particularly extra care and the extension of assisted technology to support the [...]
You’ll not be surprised to see that many of the places with the best longevity are in rural areas. The focus on “healthy lives” rather than simply living longest presages an ongoing debate about the challenges summed up in relation to the closure of care homes reviewed above for rural areas though…. The article [...]
I have frequently profiled the importance of new technology as a means of improving the lives of vulnerable and frail people in rural areas. Driverless cars have massive potential in this context. This article profiles the need for us all to wake up more seriously to the issues linked to the burgeoning potential of robot [...]
Surely this approach cant be right – particularly in relation to those struggling practices where sparsity is a contributing factor. This story tells us:
Some struggling GP surgeries in England will be allowed to fail and close, according to a leaked document seen by the BBC.
A letter from an NHS England official to managers [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget budget cuts Defra Devolution energy farming Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 Libraries local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Planning Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment supermarkets tourism transport unemployment wind farms
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Guidance: Revocation model byelaw October 23, 2016
- Decision: Sandal Magna Community Academy October 21, 2016
- Guidance: STA assessment update: 21 October 2016 October 21, 2016
- FOI release: FOI Chorley and South Ribble General Hospital Emergency Department Review October 21, 2016
- FOI release: FOI release: families of the Disappeared Sri Lanka October 21, 2016
- FOI release: FOI NHS Trust Development Authority categorisation of NHS trusts October 21, 2016
- Notice: RG4 9BX, Builtform (GC) Limited: environmental permit application advertisement October 21, 2016
- Notice: RG4 9BT, Builtform (CG) Limited: environmental permit application advertisement October 21, 2016
- FOI release: FOI release: African Union and Indian Ocean Compound Somalia October 21, 2016
- FOI release: Beijing embassy and Jaguar Land Rover October 21, 2016
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.