A creative grandmother is hoping to promote the great outdoors for children in a comical new book. This article tells us
Sandra Derry, 61, from Reepham Road, Hellesdon, has written and illustrated Curly Sheep’s Bad Hair Day.
The book is based on the fictional Applegate Farm and tells the tale of a ewe that [...]
Jessica wrote a particularly thoughtful RSN note on philanthropy recently which was very popular – so I hope this will further engage people’s interests:
While this article’s strapline is ‘involving local people in philanthropic projects makes communities stronger. Is it time for international NGOs to stand aside?’ and much of the content is from [...]
For Scotland read “England”…. This article tells us:
One in five Scottish farmers and crofters may retire early due to fears over Brexit, according to a Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC) survey.
Over half of those surveyed say Brexit increases business uncertainty – this may lead to lower on-farm investment that will have negative consequences [...]
Rural settings are often the hardest to recruit nurses into and I find this a really heartening development…
According to the Department of Health, the first apprentice nurses could be working on wards from September, and once established, up to 1,000 apprentice nurses could join the NHS each year.
Aspiring nurses will join the [...]
A new service providing ‘social care on demand’ has been launched. Cera enables people to book online and see a carer within four hours, providing they live within the M25 commuter belt. In the long term however this approach has particular resonances with “rural”
However, this article tells us how the precedent for setting up [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society Brexit broadband Budget budget cuts Defra Devolution energy farming Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 Libraries local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Planning Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment supermarkets tourism transport unemployment
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Consultation: GDA of Hitachi-GE Nuclear Energy Ltd’s UK Advanced Boiling Water Reactor December 12, 2016
- Notice: Accelerator themed competition: revolutionise the human information relationship for Defence December 8, 2016
- Decision: Greenfinch Charitable Trust: Inquiry report December 8, 2016
- National Statistics: Vehicle licensing statistics: July to September 2016 December 8, 2016
- Official Statistics: Driver and rider testing and instructor statistics: July to September 2016 December 8, 2016
- Official Statistics: Children of UK armed forces personnel: education statistics for England: 2014/15 December 8, 2016
- Independent report: Air accident monthly bulletin December 2016 December 8, 2016
- National Statistics: Children looked after in England including adoption: 2015 to 2016 September 29, 2016
- Decision: Regulatory judgement: One Housing Group Limited July 27, 2016
- Guidance: Local area SEND inspection outcome letters July 14, 2016
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.