Jessica chose this story – I wonder why? It tells us: Premier Foods, which owns Mr Kipling, has just launched new ‘Life is Better With Cake’ advertising campaign – but the company were accused of going against the Kipling ethos by dropped the ‘exceedingly good cakes’ strap line that has been in existence [...]
This article provides (non-Hinterland?) readers who think London is one of the most expensive places on Earth to buy property with serious considerations. While House prices themselves may indeed be the highest in the capital, but there are other places in rural areas which are – relatively speaking – more expensive. By taking [...]
‘Fact, feeling and future’ is a new report published by the Diocese of Bath and Wells. This article tells us that the purpose of the report is to provide a snapshot of the impact and implications of the flooding to inform the diocesan response in the future as well as to inform [...]
Suffolk Constabulary is targeting horse owners are in its latest recruitment drive – it plans to recruit 20 horse owners as special constables. This article tells us: The police wants the volunteer officers to use their own horses and local knowledge to patrol rural areas. Police and crime commissioner (PCC) Tim Passmore said [...]
The UK is recovering its mantle as a global manufacturing hub and is now one of the cheapest locations to produce goods in Western Europe, according to a new study from the Boston Consulting Group. Direct manufacturing costs in the UK have improved by up to 10 percentage points compared to other Western European countries [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget Council Tax Defra Drought education Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Mutuals Nuclear Power Planning poverty Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment tourism transport unemployment waste
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Guidance: Ebola virus disease: managing patients who require assessment in primary care September 2, 2014
- Notice: Drove Defences recovery works September 2, 2014
- Guidance: Tachograph special notice 02-14 September 2, 2014
- Transparency data: DH business expenses for 2014 September 2, 2014
- Transparency data: Land Registry workforce management information: July 2014 September 2, 2014
- Guidance: Revised recommendations for administering more than 1 live vaccine September 2, 2014
- Transparency data: DH departmental spending over £500: 2011 September 2, 2014
- Notice: DN41 8BQ Europa Oil and Gas Limited: Environmental permit application advertisement September 2, 2014
- Guidance: National Contingency Plan(NCP) September 2, 2014
- Correspondence: CPET sustainable palm oil newsletter, Issue 3 September 2, 2014
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.