This is a cracking, positive and thought provoking article – don’t throw rocks at it on the strength of the summarised section below – read all of it before making your mind up via the hyper-link. It tells us:
Britain’s economy is going to need millions more young, fit, tax-paying migrants in order [...]
Is there enough support in rural areas for those suffering domestic violence – on the strength of this article I suspect the answer is both “no” and that things are getting worse.
It is shocking that in 2013 more than two women each week are killed by their current or ex-partners, and one in four [...]
With the Prime Minister and 100+ business leaders and Ministers on a trade visit to China – where one newspaper has described the Britain as ‘just an old European country apt for travel and study’- this article reveals the results of the ‘World Giving Index’ , with Britain at the [...]
Saudia Arabia is getting restive at the fear Iranian oil (if sanctions are freed up) will diminish its current stranglehold (production in Libya and Nigeria having been hit by political unrest) on the now deregulated OPEC approach to oil supply – which has defacto enabled it to take a powerful position in managing the overall [...]
Popular Topicsaffordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget climate change Council Tax Defra Drought education food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Mutuals National Planning Framework Nuclear Power Olympics Planning Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural proofing rural schools Rural unemployment tourism transport unemployment waste
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Guidance: South East Asia Prosperity Fund 2014-2015 December 13, 2013
- Guidance: Local Pinch Point Fund approved schemes for Tranche 4 December 13, 2013
- Guidance: Brunei – Consular Fees December 13, 2013
- Policy paper: Ending gang and youth violence: review 2012 to 2013 December 13, 2013
- Corporate report: The single data list: gateway group report December 12, 2013
- Corporate report: Financial Reporting Advisory Board minutes and associated board papers: 10 October 2013 December 12, 2013
- Corporate report: CIC Regulator: operational report, July to September 2013 December 12, 2013
- FOI release: Dispute, complaint and redress statistics December 12, 2013
- Research and analysis: Analysis of customer data from phase one of the renewable heat premium payments (RHPP) scheme December 12, 2013
- Independent report: Work Capability Assessment independent review – year 4 December 12, 2013
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.