Well there you go – a superfast countryside contribution to urban public transport!!! This article tells us:
Reading Buses’ “Bus Hound” was recorded doing a lap speed of 76.785mph (123.57km/h) at Bedford’s Millbrook Proving Ground.
It runs on biomethane compressed natural gas and is painted black and white like a Friesian cow. It [...]
In all the discussion about rising rural healthcare costs this is an interesting contribution to the debate. It tells us:
Rather than doctors missing something, the greater risk to a greater number of patients – and even, some say to the future of the NHS as well – may come from exactly the [...]
To my mind the idea that any of these letters represent political interference is warped. What they do show is a King in waiting genuinely interested in supporting rural communities.
Nicknamed “black spider” after HRH’s distinctive handwriting, a series of letters written by the Prince of Wales and sent to Government Ministers in [...]
This story tells us. Councils have always assessed potentially vulnerable people by comparing them with a so-called “ordinary homeless person”. This has led to situations in which single homeless people suffering from problems including depression and suicidal thoughts were deemed not vulnerable because an “ordinary homeless person” would be expected to suffer from [...]
The ‘R’ word – region – resurfaced in the press this week. Post-election, devolution is back on the agenda with public leaders from the UK’s 10 core cities meeting in London to launch their own “devolution declaration”. They are demanding what Sir Richard Leese, leader of Manchester council and chair of the core [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget Council Tax Defra Devolution Drought farming Flooding food food banks fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Planning poverty Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools supermarkets tourism transport unemployment wind farms
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Research and analysis: Diphtheria in England and Wales: annual reports May 22, 2015
- Research and analysis: Measles, mumps and rubella: laboratory confirmed cases in England 2015 May 22, 2015
- Transparency data: Open central government websites – March 2015 May 22, 2015
- Transparency data: Monitor: board papers for 28 May 2015 meeting May 22, 2015
- Regulation: Employment tribunal procedure rules May 22, 2015
- Guidance: Key stage 2 tests: 2015 level 6 English grammar, punctuation and spelling test materials May 22, 2015
- Research and analysis: NHS foundation trusts: quarterly performance report (quarter 4, 2014/15) May 22, 2015
- Guidance: Key stage 2 tests: 2015 level 6 English reading test materials May 22, 2015
- Guidance: Key stage 2 tests: 2015 levels 3-5 mathematics test materials May 22, 2015
- Guidance: Key stage 2 tests: 2015 level 6 mathematics test materials May 22, 2015
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.