In rural England I would prefer to see this pair dressed as a badger and a fox! The story tells us:
Knowing that the furry onesies offered little protection, they planned to keep an eye on the man before uniformed back-up arrived but when he became more aggressive they had to step in.
As someone who spends too large a part of their life on rural roads this article sounds superficially at least like good news. Many rural roads, which have the lethal cocktail of people who are very old driving around to access services in the face of poor public transport and young people driving around [...]
We tend to think the elderly are based in rural areas predominantly through choice, many are but this article gives an additional interesting spin
Elderly people have been driven out of British cities into the surrounding suburbs and villages more than in any other country in Europe, an official study shows.
An analysis [...]
One of two stories reflecting on the skewed demography of Britain. We tend to think that older people gather in greater number in rural places, which is true, we sometimes miss the fact that they also tend to predominate in more affluent places, we make a tautological mistake however if we assume all [...]
I was reflecting on the massive scope for the expansion of credit unions in rural areas on Monday. This article is further grist to that mill. It tells us
The payday lender Cash Genie may have to pay compensation to customers after it uncovered a string of problems with the way it had [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget Council Tax Defra Drought education Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Mutuals Nuclear Power Planning poverty Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment tourism transport unemployment waste
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Guidance: Parcel deliveries: best practice guide July 30, 2014
- Research and analysis: Adult obesity and type 2 diabetes July 30, 2014
- FOI release: Contact with international partners July 30, 2014
- Correspondence: Promoting competition: a bulletin from the CMA July 30, 2014
- FOI release: Green Climate Fund July 30, 2014
- Guidance: Multi-agency working and information sharing project July 30, 2014
- FOI release: Minutes from Pollinator advisory group meetings July 30, 2014
- FOI release: EC beef and sheep inspection of carcass classification report July 30, 2014
- FOI release: Details of ICT structure and suppliers July 30, 2014
- Notice: SP6 3HU: Environmental permit application advertisement July 30, 2014
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.