Lest anyone thought the English were no longer eccentric….
More than 100 people in pantomime animal costumes have broken a world record.
The Great North Gallop saw 128 people form 64 creatures to run 100m at Newcastle Racecourse in Gosforth.
From cows and horses, to camels and donkeys, they beat the Guinness World [...]
In all the kerfuffle about dairy farmers and milk are we missing the impact on other aspects of the dairy production chain? Areas of activity which don’t have access to any form of subsidy akin to the single farm payment? This story may not be an isolated incident in the wider impact of the global [...]
I have to say all this chat about northern powerhouses could be marginalia. I suspect London will continue to grow and drive the economy as its global city hub. We need a parallel debate about rural-urban interactions in England. Still old ties die hard and this article tells us:
Now campaigners want to [...]
This article demonstrates how difficult it is in the current climate to tackle the actions of rogue landlords in the public interest. It tells us:
There are two ways to deal with rogue landlords: either licence all landlords (as is being done in Scotland and Wales) or simply target the rogue landlords, which [...]
This article is really interesting. There is far too little research on the impacts of rurality on the life of carers, where isolation, higher living costs and longer distances to medical care must all exacerbate the sort of issues profiled here. The a article tells us:
The Harts are among the 6.5 million [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget budget cuts Defra Devolution energy farming Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Green Belt Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Planning poverty Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment supermarkets tourism transport unemployment
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Notice: LE14 3JL, e Synergy Developments Limited: environmental permit application advertisement September 1, 2015
- Decision: Colston's Girls' School September 1, 2015
- Research and analysis: A Methodology for Evaluating the In-Situ Performance of Solid Fuel Biomass Boilers September 1, 2015
- Notice: Easy Access IP: deployable radio antenna September 1, 2015
- Decision: The Hertfordshire and Essex High School and Science College September 1, 2015
- Corporate report: Civil Service Fast Stream: annual report 2014 September 1, 2015
- Guidance: SFA: qualification achievement rate 2015 to 2016 (formerly QSR) September 1, 2015
- Guidance: English housing survey 2013 to 2014: technical report September 1, 2015
- Corporate report: International Defence Engagement Strategy 2014 to 2015 September 1, 2015
- Corporate report: HMRC third party tax software and API strategy September 1, 2015
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.