This story just goes to show that fact, albeit rather ancient in origin, was truly far stranger than fiction – a four winged dinosaur bird – in my ongoing mapping of non native charismatic mega fauna I would love to be able to say this fossil had turned up somewhere in rural England, where, after [...]
This article explains with teachers, council workers, health workers, firefighters and civil servants all demonstrating against austerity measures in the public sector this week, the Prime Minister has said “the “time had come for the introduction of a threshold in number of union members who need to take part in a strike ballot [...]
This piece tells us how Ministers via Network Rail are going to deliver a £90m upgrade across England and Wales to stop Wi-Fi “constantly disrupted by poor signal”. It will be part-funded by a £53.1m fine levied on Network Rail for failing to ensure enough trains run on time. It is expected that [...]
Environment Secretary Owen Paterson has announced more than 2,500 rural businesses will receive a share of £19 million of government funding via the Farming and Forestry Improvement Scheme (FFIS), part of the Rural Development Programme for England. Mr Paterson described how “Small businesses are the cornerstone of the rural economy, supporting local jobs, [...]
This article tells us: with defending champion Chris Froome abandoning the Tour de France, this article recounts how Farmer Keith Chapman painted his flock in different colours using dye he would normally use at tupping time. The sheep, based at Daleside Nurseries, near Harrogate, have created a mini-media frenzy and pictures have been [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget Council Tax Defra Drought education Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Mutuals Nuclear Power Planning poverty Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment tourism transport unemployment waste
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Policy paper: Government response to, The application of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights in the UK: a state of confusion July 22, 2014
- Guidance: Surveillance road map July 22, 2014
- Transparency data: NHS foundation trusts: year-end financial data July 22, 2014
- Research and analysis: Charities online registration and variations service July 22, 2014
- Research and analysis: Digital accessibility testing July 22, 2014
- Research and analysis: Exploring digital customer services - View Account and online statement July 22, 2014
- Research and analysis: Exploring digital customer services - Self Assessment July 22, 2014
- Research and analysis: Understanding the Unpaid and Unaffiliated Paid Agent populations July 22, 2014
- Research and analysis: Bereavement letter testing July 22, 2014
- Research and analysis: Self Assessment tracking July 22, 2014
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.