Never mind Jeremy Clarkson – here’s the real star of the show. This article tells us:
Delays were caused on a busy stretch of the M74 motorway after reports of a dog “taking control of a tractor”.
The incident – highlighted on Twitter by Traffic Scotland – took place at J13 at Abington, [...]
I have myself, with some serious misgivings, been worrying about the implications of an admission from whoever gets into power ultimately in 4 weeks, that we are broke and the promises for votes offered by all parties were just a series of “paper” incentives. This is a very thoughtful article in that context. [...]
I wonder if this has more to do with talking up a company and its value than some sort of new oil “goldmine” in the South East. Energy is a hugely necessary and hugely divisive issue in rural England. The story tells us:
An oil company whose shares rose 200% after it announced [...]
Something is fundamentally wrong in our education system when good rural schools close for want of pupils and many urban schools are too full. Needs a radical re-look thinks I. This story tells us:
Primary school heads and local authority leaders say that the system is reaching breaking point, with councils forced to [...]
We already find it difficult to attract GPs to many rural areas. Perish the thought of the implications of this story…..
A poll of 15,560 GPs by the British Medical Association (BMA) has found that 34% intend to stop working by 2020, with many others going part-time, moving abroad or even abandoning medicine [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget budget cuts Council Tax Defra Drought farming Flooding food food banks fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices garden cities Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Planning poverty Recession Renewables Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools supermarkets tourism transport unemployment wind farms
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Research and analysis: Haemophilus influenzae: laboratory reports by age group and serotype 2015 April 24, 2015
- Guidance: Considering human rights claims in visit applications April 24, 2015
- Corporate report: Competition and Markets Authority equality scheme 2015 to 2019 April 24, 2015
- Notice: CO7 6JZ, Mr and Mrs Wilson: environmental permit application advertisement April 24, 2015
- Guidance: Use of the Ofsted logo April 24, 2015
- Notice: NR33 8HY, Ivy House Country Hotel Limited: environmental permit application advertisement April 24, 2015
- Notice: IP30 0LR, Mr Raymond Pratley: environmental permit application advertisement April 24, 2015
- Decision: Teacher misconduct panel outcome: Mr Colin David Ward April 24, 2015
- Decision: Teacher misconduct panel outcome: Mr Komborero Dauramanzi April 24, 2015
- Form: DF5: Request for a statement of reasons for registrar’s decision April 24, 2015
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.