Would be very interesting to get an urban/rural split for this story….
Britain’s jobs boom accelerated in the first three months of the year as unemployment reached a five-year low, fuelled by a surge in self-employed workers.
Employment accelerated at the fastest pace in 43 years to reach 30.4 million people, after the [...]
This article shows just how fragile the private sector is in typical rural service centres.
Taking the example of Okehampton in Devon it highlights problems that are not unique to the countryside, but that do have a strong rural dimension.
“This was prime dairy country,” the article says.
The Taw Valley Creamery at [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget Council Tax Defra Drought education Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Mutuals Nuclear Power Planning poverty Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment tourism transport unemployment waste
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Decision: Bramley Church of England Aided Infant School September 2, 2014
- Notice: CR0 4TE, 777 Demolition and Haulage Company Limited: Environmental permit application advertisement September 2, 2014
- Guidance: Ebola virus disease: managing patients who require assessment in primary care September 2, 2014
- Notice: Drove Defences recovery works September 2, 2014
- Guidance: Exporting to Bosnia and Herzegovina September 1, 2014
- Correspondence: Sexual and reproductive health profiles: tool updates July 30, 2014
- Guidance: India: country information and guidance May 20, 2014
- Notice: Reduced rate certificate for meat February 28, 2014
- Notice: Reduced rate certificate for plastics February 28, 2014
- Notice: Reduced rate certificate for printing February 28, 2014
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.