This article shows just how fragile the private sector is in typical rural service centres.
Taking the example of Okehampton in Devon it highlights problems that are not unique to the countryside, but that do have a strong rural dimension.
“This was prime dairy country,” the article says.
The Taw Valley Creamery at [...]
Popular Topicsaffordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget climate change Council Tax Defra Drought education food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Mutuals National Planning Framework Nuclear Power Olympics Planning Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural proofing rural schools Rural unemployment tourism transport unemployment waste
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Corporate report: The single data list: gateway group report December 12, 2013
- Corporate report: Financial Reporting Advisory Board minutes and associated board papers: 10 October 2013 December 12, 2013
- Corporate report: CIC Regulator: operational report, July to September 2013 December 12, 2013
- FOI release: Dispute, complaint and redress statistics December 12, 2013
- Research and analysis: Analysis of customer data from phase one of the renewable heat premium payments (RHPP) scheme December 12, 2013
- Independent report: Work Capability Assessment independent review – year 4 December 12, 2013
- Research and analysis: Work Capability Assessment: evidence based review December 12, 2013
- Research and analysis: Winter health watch summary: 12 December 2013 December 12, 2013
- Statistics: Taking Part 2013/14 quarter 2 statistical release December 12, 2013
- Policy paper: Waste management plan for England December 12, 2013
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.