Whilst it is good to see some “green shoots” of economic recovery and perhaps even the odd economic “snowdrop” in some localities -this article reminds us that the worst recession in a century has left some negative and durable legacies. Having “grown up” children stranded in the parental home across all of England, but in [...]
I have been on the circuit over the last couple of weeks talking to parishes about the localism act. My main point is that the impact of the recession on rural communities, which means it is harder to: live, work and keep warm, in rural England means we need to get to grips with the [...]
This is becoming a bit of a theme with me but I am very concerned about youth unemployment in rural England. I am also currently very frustrated by the way the procurement rules within Leader seem to discriminate against anyone seeking to deliver a solution using that funding. If you would like to know more [...]
This article brings a real tear to eye. It makes you realise just how many well qualified and well motivated young people are fenced out of the labour market by the recession What is upsetting is the hopeless position they feel they are in. There are two really poignant narratives from youngsters in [...]
Popular Topicsaffordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget Council Tax Defra Drought education Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Mutuals National Planning Framework Nuclear Power Planning Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment tourism transport unemployment waste
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Form: Insolvency: Form 14 - joint bankruptcy petition against individual members April 23, 2014
- Form: Insolvency: Form 17 - statement of affairs of member of partnership April 23, 2014
- Form: Insolvency: Form 18 - Statement of Affairs of Partnership April 23, 2014
- Form: Insolvency: Form 15 - affidavit of individual member(s) as to concurrence of all members in presentation of joint bankruptcy petition against individual members April 23, 2014
- FOI release: Contractors working for Defra April 23, 2014
- Form: Insolvency: Form 16 - bankruptcy orders on joint bankruptcy petition presented by individual members April 23, 2014
- Correspondence: Improvement notice issued to Devon County Council April 23, 2014
- FOI release: e-petitions April 23, 2014
- Correspondence: SFA update: issue 205 (23 April 2014) April 23, 2014
- Correspondence: Direction issued to Birmingham City Council April 23, 2014
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.