Whilst it is good to see some “green shoots” of economic recovery and perhaps even the odd economic “snowdrop” in some localities -this article reminds us that the worst recession in a century has left some negative and durable legacies. Having “grown up” children stranded in the parental home across all of England, but in [...]
I have been on the circuit over the last couple of weeks talking to parishes about the localism act. My main point is that the impact of the recession on rural communities, which means it is harder to: live, work and keep warm, in rural England means we need to get to grips with the [...]
This is becoming a bit of a theme with me but I am very concerned about youth unemployment in rural England. I am also currently very frustrated by the way the procurement rules within Leader seem to discriminate against anyone seeking to deliver a solution using that funding. If you would like to know more [...]
This article brings a real tear to eye. It makes you realise just how many well qualified and well motivated young people are fenced out of the labour market by the recession What is upsetting is the hopeless position they feel they are in. There are two really poignant narratives from youngsters in [...]
Popular Topicsaffordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget Council Tax Defra Drought education Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Mutuals National Planning Framework Nuclear Power Planning Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment tourism transport unemployment waste
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Transparency data: Investigation report: the Bilingual Primary School Brighton and Hove April 18, 2014
- Form: Certificate of competency (engine) (MSF4275) April 17, 2014
- Form: Certificate of competency (Deck) (MSF 4274) April 17, 2014
- Form: Certificate of competency (yacht engine) (MSF 4278) April 17, 2014
- Form: Certificate of proficiency (MSF 4391) April 17, 2014
- Form: ML5 medical report form and certificate (MSF 4112) April 17, 2014
- Form: Confidential medical report (MSF 4155) April 17, 2014
- Form: Report a wreck or salvage form (MSF 6200) April 17, 2014
- Form: MoU data request form (MSF 5369) April 17, 2014
- Form: Stability questionnaire: large yacht (MSF 2225) April 17, 2014
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.