Couldn’t resist this story, which demonstrates how my rural county is making the most of its tourism assets and heritage connections. After talking about Newton and his legacy the article goes on to profile many other tourism assets in the county. I’m genuinely amazed at the step change we have achieved in our tourism [...]
I have been really pleased to see the bravery and ambition of Newark and Sherwood in getting this initiative off the ground. This is a lovely little story which helps show case one of the positive unintended findings arising from their initiative. With Walt Disney having a walk on role
Graffiti left by schoolboys [...]
I was told by a Barrister today that there is a distinction between tourists and people who travel to rural Lincolnshire to buy antiques. The former are interested in landscape and the latter in retail. All of which left me wishing I had asked why the antiques shoppers didn’t just buy online or encourage Tesco [...]
In the world of rural economic development I occassionally came across someone promoting a scheme which was so outlandish I used to think they were either an escaped loon or a misunderstood genius. This article bought the heady days of the “noughties” when these sort of things were at their height to mind. I [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society Brexit broadband Budget budget cuts Defra Devolution energy farming Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 Libraries local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Planning Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment supermarkets tourism transport unemployment
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Guidance: Adult education budget: funding rates and formula 2017 to 2018 January 23, 2017
- Decision: Early access to medicines scheme (EAMS) scientific opinion: Atezolizumab for locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma January 23, 2017
- FOI release: FOI responses published by MOD: week commencing 23 January 2017 January 23, 2017
- Notice: TR21 0JY, Council of the Isles of Scilly: environmental permit issued January 23, 2017
- Corporate report: Service Inquiry into the death of a civilian climber during Rescue 137 on 25 February 2013 January 23, 2017
- Open consultation: Building our Industrial Strategy January 23, 2017
- Decision: CAC Outcome: GMB & Bowood Care Homes Ltd January 23, 2017
- Policy paper: Patient Capital Review January 23, 2017
- Research and analysis: Technology and innovation futures 2017 January 23, 2017
- Policy paper: Northern Powerhouse: Growth Deals January 23, 2017
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.