I have been really pleased to see the bravery and ambition of Newark and Sherwood in getting this initiative off the ground. This is a lovely little story which helps show case one of the positive unintended findings arising from their initiative. With Walt Disney having a walk on role
Graffiti left by [...]
I was told by a Barrister today that there is a distinction between tourists and people who travel to rural Lincolnshire to buy antiques. The former are interested in landscape and the latter in retail. All of which left me wishing I had asked why the antiques shoppers didn’t just buy online or encourage Tesco [...]
In the world of rural economic development I occassionally came across someone promoting a scheme which was so outlandish I used to think they were either an escaped loon or a misunderstood genius. This article bought the heady days of the “noughties” when these sort of things were at their height to mind. [...]
After the party – the hangover begins to settle in.
I often think of this year as being characterised by a national policy of bread and circuses to divert us all from the increasing gap between the metaphorical pound notes in our bags and purses. In what is a bit of a small town theme [...]
Popular TopicsAdult Social Care affordable housing badger cull Big Society broadband Budget budget cuts climate change Defra Devolution energy farming Flooding food fracking Fuel Poverty fuel prices Health High Street housing HS2 local food localism Market Towns Migrant workers Planning Prince Charles Recession Renewables Rural Affordable Housing rural broadband rural crime rural economies Rural Economy Rural Elderly rural health Rural Housing rural poverty rural schools Rural unemployment supermarkets tourism transport unemployment wind farms
- Alex A on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Tommy Woodward on Yorkshire the county thats trouncing Australia in the olympic medal table
- Troy on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Khai on Hospital services need to close to improve care for patients: head of NHS Confederation
- Heidi on Cost of living in countryside soars by £2,000
- Guidance: Foreign Office spend over £25,000 for October 2015 November 26, 2015
- Guidance: Children in need census 2015 to 2016: COLLECT reports November 26, 2015
- Corporate report: Migration Advisory Committee: annual report, 2014 to 2015 November 26, 2015
- FOI release: FOI Lists or databases used to appoint individuals to NHS trusts November 26, 2015
- Official Statistics: Weekly rainfall and river flow summary: 18 to 24 November 2015 November 26, 2015
- FOI release: Pub companies and tenants consultation: meetings and correspondence (January 2013 to June 2015) November 26, 2015
- Notice: CW5 8HD, Smeaton Wood Limited: environmental permit application advertisement November 26, 2015
- Notice: WV10 7DA, Thermal Recycling (UK) Limited: environmental permit application advertisement November 26, 2015
- Notice: ST2 7PS, HPR Stoke Limited: environmental permit application advertisement November 26, 2015
- Notice: UB9 4HG, Equestrian Facilities Limited: environmental permit application advertisement November 26, 2015
About HinterlandHinterland offers a rural perspective on national news events throughout the week.
This service is provided by the Rural Services Network - devoted to safeguarding and improving services in rural communities across England.
We are the only national network focusing specifically on this vital aspect of rural life.
- Government urged to honour rural fairer funding promise November 23, 2015
- Funding shake-up for rural schools November 23, 2015
- Grants available for rural Derbyshire November 20, 2015
- Call to support rural post offices November 18, 2015